Using Synchronize transformation

When and why use the Synchronize transformation. A recent post in our blog.

Using Synchronize transformation

Hi,
this might be a request that is only useful for me, but anyway:

• I often use the Synchronize action to ensure the tables are computed in the right order, and the data-dependencies between tables are certainly resolved.
  • Now, during development and debugging, I often have to manually disable the “Synchronize” action. Eitheir because I have manually resolved the inter-dependencies (or because I have ran the flows step by step) or I’m tracing an issue from the target to the source, i.e. in the reverse order of the EasyMorph flows.
  • Anyway, it would be great to have a ‘master’ switch to disable all Synchronize actions at once. For instance, with a parameter-based condition. I guess I’m looking for a ‘Run on condition’, something like in the screenshot below (combining the Synchronize action with the options of the Derive action). Is this a feature you’d consider for the roadmap?

“Run on condition” would be the opposite of “Skip on condition” which already exists.

Hi Dmitry,
I’m not sure I agree, or maybe I don’t understand your point. As I see it, I’m not looking for either “Run on condition” or “Skip on condition” - I’m looking for a “Synchronize on condition”. Basically, in my use case, the “Synchronize” action would be active when the parameter {RUNMODE} is set to ‘Production’, but would be disabled/ignored when it is set to ‘Development’. How would you implement this behaviour with the current actions?

Hi David,

You can put Synchronize after Skip and will be effectively like adding a condition to Synchronize.