About EasyMorph Tutorials & Examples Web-help

Teasing about version 5.0 : cross tables and excel generator

Hi team !

I’m so excited to see how it works, don’t hesitate to tease if you have something to show ^^

I’ll post a preview of cross-tables in a week :slight_smile: The Excel report generator is not ready yet.

Here is a preview of cross-tables. Features:

• Derived similarly to tables and charts
  • Multiple dimension columns (shown all at once)
  • Single dimension row at a time (can be selected from many)
  • Single aggregation metric at a time (can be selected from many)
  • Column with totals
  • Row with totals
  • Sorting for row dimensions and for column dimensions
  • Background color gradient (not shown in the screenshot below because it’s not ready yet)

Cross-tables and charts will also be available in the Analysis View (see below). Analysis View becomes a pretty good data analysis tool, and will be available in new places, e.g. in Launcher (but not in 5.0, in later versions) as part of our big strategy of building a last-mile data delivery platform.

2 Likes

Hi,

Multiple dimension in row I think you mean, and one column only. Generally speaking its how I imagine it so it seems fine to me.

The limitation of one single metric is not a good news because our users usually display multiple, like amount N1 vs amount N, common comparison use case. Hope it can be done later then, or improved before release.

UPDATE

Cross-tables allow specifying a color gradient for the cell background. This makes it possible to use them as heat maps.

The Excel report generator will allow setting a color gradient for column backgrounds in a similar fashion.

1 Like

Sounds (and looks) great. Can’t wait to get it.

Hi,

In the aggregate function, could we have concatenate distinct.

Regards

To learn more about EasyMorph visit easymorph.com.