πŸ’‘ Preview: the new Server UI

Can't wait to share a screenshot of the new Server UI :slight_smile: Click to zoom.

Coming in the next release (v5.6.1).

Thoughts?

1 Like

Looks good and seems to be quite clear.
I hope that scheduling a task gets a bit easier. Clicking every day for a job which has to run on a daily basis takes quite long.
Besides it would be nice if one could just write 1300 for a job, that starts at 13:00.

Can you please elaborate on that?

It also would be nice to link tasks in Gantt chart manner: task A can only start when task B is completed.
Now we do this by listing our tasks in excel and iterating over the excel file. I think this is an important feature to have when tasks depend on each other.

2 Likes

Would really love that!

The task orchestration is on the roadmap. First, we will be introducing task triggers. Among the triggers, there will be triggers on task failure and task completion.

Once the triggers are in place, the next step would be to build a diagram of dependencies between task (what triggers what) and task orchestration.

2 Likes

I meant this one:

As a standard, tasks are planned for every day or every weekday, so a "select all"- or "select all weekdays"-button would be helpful.

The one with the time: I just found out that it already works yet. When you enter 13:00, it automatically converts to 1:00 pm. This conversion doesn't happen with entering 1300. So I thought, that this entry won't be accepted. My fault.

That would be awesome. :100: :metal:

Great ! Looking forward to it.

Just added it in the current version, in the latest build. Already available on our website.

2 Likes

Unbelievable!
That is one of the things, I love at Easymorph. It’s not only the product, but the excellent support.

Thanks a lot. :+1:

1 Like

Hi,

The new UI is good but I must say that the existing one is satisfying. It was simple and straight.
Also you are losing space on the left whereas the old tabs where very short. I can see there's a hide menu button but end users using that may call me to ask me why they can't access their files anymore => because they will only see the task page and forget that the file menu is hidden.

What do you intend to "add" with this new menu, except of course the icons ?

As we will be adding new and new features, the old UI simply won't be able to fit all the tabs, especially given the upcoming French translation (French words are typically longer).

There will be a new tab for Server users and user groups (in the admin section).
We've also started working on a new big feature for users but I won't announce the details yet. I can only say it will have a dedicated tab in Server UI and solve a very common problem in big organizations. It will work using the Gateway.

I understand now and the UI seems fine to me. Good job ! The icons are good also.

There may be an impact on our side because we customized the branding by editing css file. If you can think of documenting this part, I mean the use of the css file considering this new feature, it would be great !

Thanks

Can you please send your custom theme to our support? We'll take a look at it and suggest changes.

BTW, one more reason why we are switching to the new UI - next year, we will be adding new features that benefit from using the entire window width. For instance, viewing and filtering datasets right in the browser (basically, Analysis View).