"Match" action with mode "Contains" - difficulties matching certain values

Hello,

I’m using the “Match” function to find if certain values from column “Forma” in table “Formas.xlsx” are contained in the values of column “Descripción” in table “Prueba Easymorph.xlsx”. The result of this action is shown in column “Forma lámpara” in table “Prueba Easymorph.xlsx”.

It is working correctly except for some values in column “Forma” in table “Formas.xlsx” which are contained in other values of the same table. This is the case with “Reflector” and “Reflectora”, for example. In the following description, “LED reflectora GU10 6W SMD 110º Cálido 3000K 580Lm 220-240V”, both “reflector” and “reflectora” are contained, and this action finds the first value that matches and returns it. So I find that in this case, I get “reflector” returned, when I was desiring “reflectora”. I understand it’s not an issue with EasyMorph because in this description, “reflector” is also contained, but is there a way in which I could indicate that when there’s two matches (because one value is included in another), to always return the longest match, or does it always stop in the first match?

Thanks very much,

Roberto

Hello,

I have changed the order of the list in “Formas.xlsx” to always include first the longest value (which contains the other one), so “Reflectora” before “Reflector”, and it works. I guess that the solution will be to always follow this logic when ordering the list. So I answered myself!

:slight_smile:

Thanks,

Roberto

Hello,

UPDATE:

If anyone is having an issue similar to this, instead of using this solution, I recommend seeing the following post: Match action - matching multiple values. In the last EasyMorph project example uploaded to this post, there is no need to manually change the order of the values to always include the longest value first, which is much more convenient.

Regards,

Roberto

1 Like