If your organization uses EasyMorph Server with Dynamic licensing, you can configure your EasyMorph Desktop to lease a license from the Server dynamically. This is done in 2 steps:
- Connect your EasyMorph Desktop to your organization’s EasyMorph Server. This connection is called “Server Link”.
- Configure EasyMorph Desktop to lease a license from the Server using Server Link.
Here is how to do it:
Step 1. Configure Server Link
Launch EasyMorph. Go to the Start page and press “Link to Server”.
In the Server Link dialog:
- Enter the server address as instructed by your IT department. Leave the port number as is, unless instructed to change it to a different value.
- Press the circular arrows button to obtain a list of spaces.
- Add at least one space to the list. It can be the space of your department or any other space, for licensing the space doesn’t matter.
- Press OK to close the dialog.
When the Server Link is configured correctly, it shows the currently selected space, as follows.
Step 2. Configure license
Press the “Setup license key” link to open the license configuration dialog (see below). In the dialog, select “Lease license from EasyMorph Server” and press OK.
If everything is configured correctly, in the blue sidebar you should see your organization name, Windows account, and license expiration date. For instance:
Note that in order to use a dynamic license, your computer should remain in the same network as EasyMorph Server (i.e. your corporate network). It’s OK to disconnect from the network and keep using EasyMorph outside of your corporate network for a period no longer than 48 hours.