Error: File has wrong format. End of Central Directory record could not be found. End of Central Directory record could not be found. Source: action "Export into Excel file"

The ONLY Action throughout my build that has this problem is the Export to Excel, despite using an Import Excel Spreadsheet action.

• I’m importing from and exporting to the exact same excel file; nothing’s added or deleted: I’m just collating the data.
  • Sheet name is 19 characters long (well under the 31 limit)
  • I’ve never been forced to explicitly convert my key column to a number type, nor dates out of text type, yet converting my key to number type didn’t help.
  • Searching for this error brought up a linux forum mentioning many users appreciating the suggestion to build their program using a 64-bit library as the 32-bit library caused this exact error.
  • I’m afraid nearly all data in a column have multiple backslashes throughout, like
(INC-01/24/2022) /#NOPRD/#:NOTES:U,LAK,REO,1ST*D

or

APS-APS DUE TO STATUS (INC-03/21/2022) /=118/=:NOTES: /O $*,

What are the chances the prevalent backslashes might be the only culprit causing a problem here?

Hello Doug,

It seems that you are trying to export to a file that is not an actual XLSX or XLSM file.
Binary Excel files (both old XLS and new XLSB) are not supported by the Export to Excel action.

To learn more about EasyMorph visit easymorph.com.