Error code on run vba action

Hello, i have a workflow that gives the following error:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

It's run on the Easymorph Server, and it has a Run VBA macro action in it. Since I added this step I get this error.

The server doesn't have Excel (so server itself doesn't recognize Excel files). Could it have to do with it? Normal Excel actions are no problem.
Any tips on how to solve it (except for having to install Excel on the server)?

Maybe good to know, the VBA code opens another file and makes changes to it.

I'm assuming, you're using the "Excel command" action and it fails on EasyMorph Server. The action uses COM-automation under the hood which requires Excel to be installed because it basically triggers different operations in Excel.

What does the VBA macro do? Can it be achieved without using VBA?

Thanks for your quick answer. The VBA script adds data to an Excel which has a specific layout and references on specific places in the Excel.
To be more precise, fields F2 till F6 have summarized data from a table, and below it is a table that shows all data. The data is saved in the Excel before (successfully). Don't know if possible to achieve this in another way.

If the summary can be produced using a pivot table in Excel, then sometimes it's possible to use EasyMorph to export data into a separate sheet, and configure the pivot table to use data from that sheet. In this case, no macro is required because the pivot table automatically re-calculated data on file opening.

Thanks for your answer again, but I also want to be able to set the print area dynamically. Normally that would go through VBA

also, it turns out that when i save the data in a table (with the easymorph action: save Excel file.
Then I open the Excel file, but any references that I have to the table are not updated automatically (although I do have this option switched on in Excel).

Yes, setting the print area requires VBA.

References in regular tables are not updated automatically, as far as I know. Only pivot tables can automatically refresh on open (when the respective option is set).

Consider scheduling the workflow in the Launcher on a machine with Excel installed.

oke so i added an office account to the server so I can run macro´s. I get an error -> Error: Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x800AC472
Source: action "Excel command", module "Rename Excel file", table "Rename Excel file"
I do not get this error when I run the VBA code from the XLSM itself, only when I run the code in Easymorph. Any ideas?

Check out this topic: Server Excel Error: HRESULT: 0x800AC472