Custom Decimal Formatting

Hello,

Currently, I am working on a project that requires precision to the tenths place (0.1) in some cases. With number formatting, the closest I can get is to the hundreths place (0.01), leaving me with an extra digit at the end. The round() function has not helped with this either, as it produces the same result. In the number format tab, I would like to be able to set the number of decimal places that appear (e.g. 0.1, 0.01, 0.001, etc.) as opposed to the fixed options that are currently available.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thank you!

Hi Connor,

EasyMorph is intended for data preparation rather than for reporting or data visualization. Column formatting has a limited set of formats only to make data easier to understand while it’s being transformed.

If you need to round data to the tenths place, the round() function should do it. If you need a formatted report, then formatting should be done by means of the reporting tool. For instance, if you need to produce a formatted Excel report, use an Excel template which is then populated by data with EasyMorph. Check out this post to get a better idea how it can be done: PDF reporting process with EasyMorph