Connector Issues with EM 5.8

Hi guys,
I just have a little issue for you. Today I tried to install new 5.8 build 10 EM version (I'm using 5.7.3 now)... but when I open the software I've an issue with my connectors, as shown in the image below: I can see the message "Please wait until EasyMorph finishes retrieving connectors" and a progress bar for 2 minutes, then my connectors list remains empty.

I re-install 5.7.3 and connectors was correctly shown...

Thanks.

Hi!

The most probable cause of the issue is that the file repository, which is a SQLite database file, could be locked by another program. This could either be due to an antivirus program that is excessively checking the new EasyMorph version or some other third-party software.

To rule out another possibilities, could you please send the diagnostic information as described here to our support team?

Thanks for support! Effectively my sqllite connector file seemed be locked.
I restarted my pc and now all works perfectly :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hi,
I have tested version 5.8 a lot and it often happens, in very complex flows, that - as I indicated in the first ticket - the connectors disappear. In this screenshot that I send you, I tried to open a new EasyMorph window while another project is doing an iteration that lasts for a few minutes... after a few moments, the pop-up disappears and the connectors list is empty. I think there is a problem related to the blocking of the connectors file from EasyMorph itself... have you reported similar problems?

Let me clarify:

Are you using two EasyMorph Desktop instances that point to the same file-based connector repository, with one instance performing heavy iterations? Is there any chance that it is using the Shared Memory actions or interacting with external services (like SharePoint etc), which could trigger authorization token updates in the connector repository?

If so, unfortunately this behavior is currently expected. Simultaneous heavy usage of a file-based connector repository by multiple EasyMorph Desktop instances is not supported - more specifically, it really can take a considerable amount of time to re-read connectors if the file is locked by another process, in this case, another instance of EasyMorph.

For such scenarios, we recommend using EasyMorph Server.

Ok thanks for the explanation... in fact it happens that I have to execute long running tasks, but they are occasional. In addition, in the meantime, I work on another instance of EasyMorph. Currently, however, I do not use the "shared memory" action but sometimes instead I use, as you rightly explained, connectors such as the one from Salesforce, which could lead to the token update inside my .sqllite file.
I must say, however, that up to version 5.7 this problem had never occurred to me. Anyway, thanks for the explanation!