What is the best way to control versions/have release notes in EasyMorph?

I see that you can use modules to control the version by cloning the old module before making changes. That can be seen in this topic: Working with easymorph server - Server - EasyMorph Community - Data preparation professionals and enthusiasts

That topic was posted back in 2021, so I didn't know if an update had come out since then that provides a different way to control versions. Or even include release notes about changes made so I can track my EasyMorph projects better. (I can always create an excel file that does this but I want to try and keep everything local to the project I am working on)

Thank you in advance!

Hi Jaden,

Do you use in your company a version-control system such as git or SVN?

Hi Dmitry,

Unfortunately, we do not use github or SVN.

I had an idea to create a new table in my project under another group and insert my comments about the updates to versions. Could this be a possible solution or is there a better way?

If I wanted to have something like a journal of changes in a project, I'd use the "List values" action and add more lines to it, or use the module annotations (see below):

Thank you Dmitry! This is what I was looking for, just to write note of changes to the project.

I also tried creating a report to keep track of my notes, but this was a little more cumbersome.

That's a creative way of using PDF reports!

1 Like