The format of value 'xxxxxx' is invalid for Authorization header

My issue is very similar to "Invalid format of API KEY " Invalid format of API key - #7 by trialsin

However, I do not see a solution to my issue to my problem on this.

The token comes from a previous step. When I try to concatenate the two parts, APIID and Token I get this error from Easymorph

I was not able to fighure out how to get to base64

Here is what the Verizon documentation says is the format

Here is the error message

The format of value 'Atmosphere atmosphere_app_id=fleetmatics-p-us-qKswZuso7Puwj2TV7s8E7x4OL7GDyg3h9s1kw7jy, Bearer eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjJDREY5REVGNkI2RDMwNTM3QTdFRTZENzI3MDYxQzkxQzgzMTQ1MjkiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJMTi1kNzJ0dE1GTjZmdWJYSndZY2tjZ3hSU2sifQ.eyJuYmYiOjE3MTE5OTQyNTQsImV4cCI6MTcxMjA4MDY1NCwiaXNzIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9hdXRoLnVzLmZsZWV0bWF0aWNzLmNvbS90b2tlbiIsImF1ZCI6WyJodHRwczovL2F1dGgudXMuZmxlZXRtYXRpY3MuY29tL3Rva2VuL3Jlc291cmNlcyIsIm9wZW5pZCIsInByb2ZpbGUiLCJyZXZlYWwiXSwiY2xpZW50X2lkIjoicmV2ZWFsLWV4dGVybmFsdG9rZW4tYXBpIiwic3ViIjoiYTljYzI2NzEtYWMwNy00NDEwLWViY2YtMDhkOTBiYjliYWI3IiwiYXV0aF90aW1lIjoxNzExOTk0MjU0LCJpZHAiOiJsb2NhbCIsInJldmVhbF9hY2NvdW50X2lkIjoiMTIwODk1NSIsInJldmVhbF91c2VyX2lkIjoiNTQ2ODQ4NyIsInJldmVhbF91c2VyX3R5cGVfaWQiOiIzIiwidW5pcXVlX25hbWUiOiJqYWF0LnNvbHV0aW9uc0BnbWFpbC5jb20iLCJwcmVmZXJyZWRfdXNlcm5hbWUiOiJSRVNUX2Fzc2V0c0BDYXJtZW5UcmFuLmNvbSIsIm5hbWUiOiJSRVNUX2Fzc2V0c0BDYXJtZW5UcmFuLmNvbSIsImVtYWlsIjoiUkVTVF9hc3NldHNAQ2FybWVuVHJhbi5jb20iLCJlbWFpbF92ZXJpZmllZCI6ZmFsc2UsImp0aSI6Ijk1YzVmOTJkYjExODg1N2I4NjU0MDIyZTk3ZjdkNDAxIiwiaWF0IjoxNzExOTk0MjU0LCJzY29wZSI6WyJvcGVuaWQiLCJwcm9maWxlIiwicmV2ZWFsIl0sImFtciI6WyJwd2QiXX0.Z2RtLmZF3LoU3kygFnMOma1vAVUyihcsTASoej-EJRqN2BCQLCzFws6GIhfh_-0cNtBNWhEityDHvmiRZwkxXBvuC_dJ9ZJXl_I1F_53nJfgCR9JQmQdk30zdmuiNyMzCWryPaq2dkKE2Jt3QZUwsHrdMDpbGEHniA45KIBzPoKmvRsnC5X0gVjm2dgkMzkA2J4KylMo5ybk2J8zOqMFXJ-ARLLAdZxEd1nNxwMvtKKhWtX6LQ3PrAxEPMUCTsjhTXI_5L25HrPp_q4xPm82Tq-p9Go94cSWZEpYzVhXRrL0W_EMA3FcxL4sPNBFA2Siz_NccdwbJhgSUK9zGXFRKg' is invalid.

You can use the encode() function. E.g.

encode('base64', [Token])

That addresses the encode and base64 so thank you. But I still get the issue.

The full api appears to be the issue.

Any ideas on how to get the header to accept that long text field?

Is this part of the problem?

Hi.

EasyMorph uses strict validation rules for the Authorization header.
So, yes, the format of the header value string is non-standard, which is causing the error.
We had an internal discussion about this issue a few weeks ago, but we decided not to change this behavior, at least for now.

So is there a work around for this. I am bound by Verizon rules. Any suggestions on a hack?

We'll discuss the issue internally, and I'll get back to you.

It is tough predicament for sure. The platform is solid due to its "validation" and flexibility. My suggestion would be a flag to all allow "custom" authorization which will bypass internal edits.

Again tough call for it it is the authorization header tag.

Sadly, Verizon controls the request demands..

Thank you for looking into it.

We've added an option in the Web Location connector to permit non-standard Authorize requests. Update EasyMorph to the latest version from our website

1 Like

You and the team are amazing. We have a winner.

Now I will stitch the workflow together.

1 Like