System failure after update 5.8

Hello EM team,

We've updated both server and desktop yesterday to version 5.8. Some tasks ran in error this night with the following message : "System failure: Not all fields have same length after action Import Qlik QVD file". Same message when I try to import some qvd files in desktop.

This is a huge issue for us as we read a lot of data from our legagy Qlik environment.

Would you have a look at this ?

Thanks and best regards,
Christophe

Hi Chris,

Could you please provide details about the files being processed? Information like file size, row count, column count, and whether they contain dual values would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for responding quickly. It goes on several files, likely created with easymorph. There are no dual values. I'm able to import metadata into easymorph and here is the result for one qvd file :

Best regards,
Chris

Thank you for the details. We have identified the possible cause of the issue and we are currently working on a fix. We will let you know as soon as the bug is fixed, likely in a few hours.

The possible cause of the issues should be resolved in the most recent build. Please let me know if the fix was successful.

Hi Vlad,

It seems indeed to be solved, I'm able to open the file with desktop and successfully run the task with the server.
Thank you !

Best regards,
Chris

1 Like