Switch excel formula

Hello team,

Is there a way to use SWITCH formula of excel?

Regards
Vaibhav

The SWITCH function in Excel performs a lookup. An equivalent in EasyMorph would be having a lookup table and then using the “Lookup” action to obtain values from it.

Hi @dgudkov,

Thanks for the reply!

My understanding of switch function is that it’s handy for multiple nested if loops. Is there any alternative to apply nested ifs?

Also is there a function that can be used inside if condition to handle “contains” a particular text?

I am looking to meet a condition in a column that “contains” text “TBA”.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the "Rule" action is exactly a replacement of multiple nested IFs.

Check out the contains() function.

Ok thanks @dgudkov.

How many conditions can “AND” accommodate? As soon as I enter 3rd argument it seems to throw me a syntax error?

Regards
Vaibhav

AND is an operator, not a function. See the web-help.

Ok , got it!

But how can i accommodate the ‘AND’ formula of excel to cater to multiple conditions in multiple columns?

Regards
vaibhav

Do you have an example?

Sure.

I have to build columns basis nested if which uses AND and OR formula of excel. To keep it simple and get started below is the condition I am trying to meet:

If Column Status has value “system certified” AND
If Column GL Balance = 0 AND
Column BU from master equivalence contains Dormant
THEN column TEAM should have value Dormant.

Similar to the above I have multiple if.

Regards
Vaibhav

You don’t need nested IFs in this case. It’s all one IF:

IF Column Status has value “system certified” AND Column GL Balance = 0 AND Column BU from master equivalence contains Dormant
THEN column TEAM should have value Dormant.

In EasyMorph that would be

if([Status]='system certified' AND [GL Balance]=0 AND contains([BU from master equivalence], 'Dormant'), ...
1 Like