SQL Expressions Slow Behavior

Hello,
I am noticing a slowly behavior in the expressions.
I made a few expressions of the type “case when [a]=[B] then 1 else 0 end” and I want to put it on the filters as Expression equals 1.
However it turns the query very slowly and sometimes it doesn’t even let me complete the equals condition with a 0 or a 1. It seems that is because it tries to find out the datatype of the expression, but it also needs to load a few lines to do it. But it can’t because the expression is not complete. So, it is like an infinite loop. I am aware that this is a problem mostly when the query is bigger, but I wanted to give you this feedback to see if there is anything that could be done

Additionaly, when one creates the first expression it does not appear automatically on the expressions list. We have to click OK, Apply the changes to Import from database action and open it again to see the created expression.

Thank you !

Thank you for the feedback, @sousas.

Hello @dgudkov,

I’m facing the same issue, and this is a bit annoying because it limits the potential of the tool.
Sometimes, it prevents the project to load the data.
Were there any updates made in a new version, or will there be new updates that fix this issue?

Thank you.

Hello @sousas and @JPC,

We weren’t able to reproduce the issue.

Can you please give us more detail on it.

Which database version you are using and which version?

What type of EasyMorph connector you are using? Natvie or ODBC?

How many rows and columns in the target table?

Is it possible for you to share some screenshots with us?

Whey Query editor loads datatype and values list for an expression, it doesn’t take conditions into account, so incompleteness of other conditions most likely is the source of the problem.

**** moved to #support

Hi @andrew.rybka,

Regarding the database version:
Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.2.0.1
PL/SQL Release 12.2.0.1.0

Type of connector: Native

The number of rows and columns does not appear to affect the issue.

I am using this type of expressions in order to let the users enter a list of values to filter. But, seems that when the query is big and has this type of filter it takes to long to load. If I remove it, it runs faster.

Some screenshots:

This is the type of expressions we discussed, in the query:
Fig1

This is the expression applied as a query filter:

This is the formula:
This is a formula where {1-PCI} is a parameter that could be a list of values (strings) in the form ‘value1’,‘value2’

If you need more information, let us know.

Thank you.

Hi @JPC,

Thank you for the detailed response but I still can’t replroduce the issue.

Can we schedule a screen-sharing session? I would like to take a look at the problem.