SharePoint Excel file

I want to do two things with an Excel based set of data:
1st import the rows from a sheet as they currently are as a table.
2nd on subsequent events I want to get rows from the same excel file sheet that had not been previously obtained the the SharePoint based Exel file (*.xlxs file).

The data is to be imported to a SQL Database Table.
Has anyone done this and any coaching on this topic? I see one can make a connect to SharePoint on line.

Hi Ronald,

the approach from loading an Excel spreadsheet that is stored on SharePoint is as follows:

1. Create and configure a connector to SharePoint
  2. Download the spreadsheet from SharePoint using the “SharePoint command” action into a local folder.
  3. Load the spreadsheet from the local folder using “Import from Excel” action.

Here is what the SharePoint command would look like:

Once you have the Excel file loaded, keep in the table with Excel data only the rows (dates, IDs, etc.) that don’t exist in the database table. For that you can query the database table (using the “Import from database” action), and then use the “Keep/remove matching” to remove from the Excel data the dates (or other keys) that already exist in the table that was imported from the database.

Hi Dmitry,

Does EM work a different way with SharePoint Online files? I tried the approach above but it gave an error that SP Online is not supported.

Thanks

Hi Scott,

Does your SharePoint connector have the “Use Windows credentials” option checked?