Server Capacity for a Marketplace

Hi @dgudkov,
I was going the other day through this How to create API endpoints without coding.

And this is definitely an interest for the project, specially to allow the vendors/merchants to push/pull data into our DBs.

As an example:

Vendor A sends their images url and product data into our DB via the EM custom endpoint, in EM, we do the proper image mapping to our new URL, we use a download command to get the images into our S3 using the mapping and path built in EM.

So custom point "api.siteXYZ.com/{{vendor id}}/Product_data" endpoint. Each vendor has ID and credentials to submit data.~

Would this be possible?

What needs more investigation is also:

1. The only thing I would need to think is use cases vs the Gateway limits. Some data would have to be GET/Pull via EM (using the schedule around every 5/10min), others PUSH/POST via the custom endpoints for real time data (More based on event driven). That is why the initial TEMP DB, where it gets the orders and EM can every 5min pickup the ones from that DB in "Status" - Pending.

2. What is the rate limit based on custom endpoints? How could I guarantee that the influx of orders or product data will not go timeout? Is it based only on the server capacity and bandwidth or EM itself imposes a limit in the gateway?

PIM platform is no more than a sort of DB, but allows User policy for access (Can be managed from frontend), has a simple frontend to be able manage data, also allows business logic for data transformation.

With a Custom frontend (E.g. React) + EM using ETL and custom endpoints + Database for Product data and image URLS considering you use AWS S3 (Even DSETS could be used for this), you can actually build quite a nice PIM.

I definitely think EM can do wonders here. Scaling up the server on the fly and using dsets (Considering the billions of rows) really makes the difference.

Thank you.