Server access to mapped Sharepoint Drive

Hi everyone,

for the setup I am running, I need the server to access different mapped sharepoint drives. I can’t figure out how to make it happen. The documentation is mentioning the possibility, but I am stuck with finding a way to actually making it happen.

I am not an expert windows user, even though I have been fiddling around a little with some of it’s configuration when necessary. Could anyone give me a hint as to where I could find a step-by-step instruccion to get this resolved?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Albert,

Microsoft currently recommends using OneDrive to map SharePoint files to a local drive:

This approach doesn’t require additional configuration of EasyMorph applications.

Is it possible for you to switch from mapped drives to the new Sync approach?

Hi Andrew,

I set it up exactly as described. But when I try access the sharepoint folder, I get the error message below.

Do you have a notion of what I could do about it?

Best,
Albert

Hi Albert,

make sure that the Windows account under which the Server service is running can access folder Server01, because currently it can’t. You may need to look at the folder’s properties and add access permissions for the Server account.

Hi Dmitry,

I tried a few different ways now, but I can’t seem to make it work. Of what I managed to understand, the EM Server automatically uses a Windows Service Account (NT AUTHORITY\LocalService) to establish a worker. Neither the worker, nor the installation itself can access the folder. I tried to install the server with a different account, but couldn´t do it.
I didn’t find a way to change the worker, and I tried several different ways to give access to the folder, even using the “Everyone” and “Full Access” option Windows provides. I wasn´t able to resolve the issue.
Also, I mapped the Sharepoint folder the way it is supposed to be mapped, but I just couldn´t access the local folder.
Do you have any other idea of what I could or should do?
Thanks in advance!
Best,
Albert

The workers are managed under the "Workers" tab of EasyMorph Server. Each Server space has a setting to specify the worker that will be used for the space workflows.

Alternatively, you can change the Server's service account from NT AUTHORITY\LocalService to any other Windows account by changing it in the Windows Services panel - find EasyMorph Server there and edit its "Log on as" account. The new account must also be included in the "EasyMorph Server" Windows group of accounts.

Hmm.... the group "Everyone" typically gives access literally to everyone. If a folder permits access to "Everyone" then literally anything can read and write in that folder.