Register/Pages for Parameters

Hello,

I have a big project with many sub-modules. In Main (StartModule) I have a lot of parameters to call up the individual modules.

It would be great if the parameters could be managed in registers and pages.

This function would make it much easier to structure the projects.
The pages should of course be arranged horizontally :wink:

Copy/paste of the ParameterContainer or the pages with all Parameters would be the greatest;-)

Regards,

Adrian

Excample
- [ ] Parameters
- [ ] Database
- [ ] p_db_Connector
- [ ] p_db_Schema
- [ ] p_db_table
- [ ] ā€¦
- [ ] FileSystem
- [ ] fs_Folder_Root
- [ ] fs_option1
- [ ] ā€¦
- [ ] Mail
- [ ] p_m_Connector
- [ ] p_m_Rezipient
- [ ] p_m_Rezipient.cc
- [ ] ā€¦
- [ ] Workflow
- [ ] op_1
- [ ] op_2
- [ ] ā€¦

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

What do you mean by ā€œregistersā€ in this case? In your example, what would be a register?

I assume Database, FileSystem, Mail, and Workflow are ā€œpagesā€ in your example. Is that correct?

Hi Dmitry,

correct. Parameters should be the Container, Database, Mailā€¦the Pages containing Parameters. Currently you habe to copy/paste every single parameter. With this ā€žGroupsā€œ of parameters it would be much easyer :raising_hand_man:

ā€¦and there would be much more space on the screenā€¦as I wroteā€¦there are a lot of parameters in this project. :relieved:

Two tips:

1. You can already arrange parameters as you wish:
    Open the reordering dialog and drag parameters up and down. BTW, the reordering dialog is available in many places in EasyMorph, not just for parameters.

reorder-parameters

2. Ctrl + click to select multiple parameters. In this case, you can copy/paste multiple parameters at once.

paste-multiple-parameters

Would that work for you, or do you still think pages are needed?

Hi, yes ctrl+ is great :+1::+1::+1:, to structure the project parameters into groups and because of the better screen division, that would be a great thing.

ā€¦.means ā€¦

to structure the project parameters into groups and because of the better screen division, that would be a great thing TO HAVE Pages :blush:

I hear you :slight_smile:

When I think about parameters, I canā€™t help but think that the concept of parameters strongly resembles forms. And forms frequently have sections (effectively, pages). So your suggestion is somewhat in line with what can be seen as future development of parameters.

1 Like