Read file with a .csv.asc extension

Hi,

I am having difficulty trying to import (and read) a file which has the following name format:

xxx.csv.asc

Does anyone know how I can import, read and export this file in a .csv/ .xlsx format?

Thank you
R

Do you mind providing a bit more details?

1 Like

Hi @RRB
Seems that it is OpenPGP signature. ASCII-armored signature with or without wrapped document, plain text format. Usually used in clearsigned documents. Usually it’s attached unmodified original doc and its signature.

To get a real.csv file or to validate signature you should use GNU Privacy Guard. For Windows, you can download Gpg4win.
And than process csv file with the EasyMorph.
gpg4win supports command prompt, so you also could use EasyMorph Run program action to automate the process.

1 Like

hi ckononenko,

Thank you so much for your response.

I will try that :slight_smile:

R

Hi dgudkov,

We receive a file via ftp and it has a .csv.asc extension.

I tried removing the .asc extension (manually) and it quickly turned into an excel file, meaning I was able to open it however, the content in it was encrypted and I couldn’t read it. So I was wondering if there was a way to import the file and read it using EM.

I will try the solution suggested by @ckononenko and let you know how that goes, should be fine though. Thank you both so much for all your kind help.

R

Hi,

I tried opening the file using the suggested methods however it didn’t work.

I am sorry if this isn’t an EM related issue, in that case feel free to ignore it.

The file type is PGP ASCII-Armor or PGP message. Is there any way to make it readable with EM?

Thank you
R

Hi. Seems that you should try to contact with the file owner. Because you need to obtain a decryption key / private key or perform a public keys exchange with the owner of the file. Than you should verify and decrypt file with PGP. And after that, process file with EasyMorph.

1 Like

Hi @ckononenko

Ah, I understand now. Thank you so much for the kind explanation :slight_smile:

R