Rate Limited API Requests / With Parallel On

Good afternoon -
I'm working in Zendesk which has a rate limit of 700 request per minute. I'm very interested in understanding how the Parallel factors into the request limit.

For Example I know I have 2917 requests that I need to make. I'm limited to 700 per minute. So, I can assume that in about 5 minutes I'd be finished. I also crank up parallel to 20 because I'm not limited by my machine, only the API.

after just a couple minutes of running I get a "Request Timeout"

If I remove the Parallel request, I am at 50+ minutes and it's still running. Is there some guidance on how I should consider this type of concept?

Hi.
You mentioned an account with a rate limit of 700 requests per minute, which means an Enterprise subscription. However, it seems that Zendest may differentiate rate limit strategies based on request type. And Zendesk also tracks the CPU time an account consumes over time. If you're fetching large volumes of records and get a 429 error even though you're within the documented rate limits, it may be due to a CPU-time limit.

https://developer.zendesk.com/api-reference/introduction/rate-limits/#account-limit

All that means that in case of a limit overrun, the server will return an HTTP 429 Too Many Requests error with Retry-After property. WebRequest will try to delay the subsequent request based on the Retry-After value, which could lead to a Request timeout error.
You could increase the Request timeout property. Also, you may split your request into batches.

For Example I know I have 2917 requests that I need to make. I'm limited to 700 per minute. So, I can assume that in about 5 minutes I'd be finished.

It could take at least 5 minutes. But can take significantly longer if the request is completed slowly.