Question: What controls the limits of how many actions can be executed simultaneously?

Hi -
Typically I run 10 queues of actions in order to quickly get through the data. I have noticed though that in some cases I’ll see some queues processing and others not. What I cannot tell is what controls that

Any thought on this? here is an example image

What version are you using? In the most recent release (4.5) we’ve improved parallelization logic, so more operations can execute in parallel, but in any case EasyMorph limits the number of simultaneous operations by the number of CPU cores on the current machine.

Previous versions were more restrictive.

Version: 4.5.1.1

Hi adambeltz,
In your example with your CPU setup you can use following project structure to tweak parallel execution (see attached project, you have to replace “Wait” actions with actions you want to execute in parallel).
But keep in mind that parallel execution is internal mechanism that may be (and most certainly will be) changed in future.ParallelExecution.morph (7.3 KB)

To add to Denys’s reply, currently EasyMorph limits the number of derived tables executed simultaneously to the number of CPU cores available. The workaround proposed by Denys creates 3 groups of 4 derived tables, so that in each group 4 derived tables can be executed simultaneously (because your computer has 4 cores).