Qlik QVD - leading Zero(s)

Hi,

the import QVD-Action don't shows leading zeros.

converting to text also don't work on it. Is it a bug or is there a workarround for it?

regards,

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

What's the data type of this value in Qlik?

Hi Dmitry,

Leading Zeros are shown in QlikView (your can see it in Picture left side). So it's Text.

regards,

Adrian

Are you sure it's not a DUAL value?

Hi Dmitry,

see QVD attached. In Qlikview leading Zero is shown.

QlikView:

Easymorph:

L2_otif.zip (1.2 MB)

regards,

Adrian

Yes, they are DUAL values, i.e. special data type in Qlik that contains a number part and a text part. Qlik, by default, shows the text part, while EasyMorph imports the number part and ignores the text part. This explains the difference in behavior.

As of now, EasyMorph considers the text part of a DUAL value secondary (supplementary) and doesn't import it.

How big is that a problem?

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for the feedback.
At the moment this is a big problem because it leads to misinterpretations and further problems processing the data.

Do you have a chance to fix this?

regards,

Adrian

The text part in a dual value is only used for displaying. It's not the actual data. For instance, if you load this table in Qlik and try to do some transformation with it, it will operate with the number part, not with the text part of a dual value. So EasyMorph is not much different is this regard.

If you need to convert a number to a numeric text value with leading zeroes, you can use the padstart() function in EasyMorph. For instance:

padstart([Komplo], "0", 11)

Hi Dmitry,
thanks again for reply.
Yes, i Know the padstart function. The Problem is, if i open the QVD by doubleclick, i don't see the correct Data.

If i understand your message, we can not store a QVD with Dual Values in it by Easymorph, right?

regards,

Adrian

Thanks for the clarification. I see where the problem lies. We can add an option to automatically create an additional column with the text part of dual values. So when you open a QVD by double-clicking, for each column with duals, EasyMorph will create 2 columns - one with the numeric parts, and the other one with text parts.

Would that work for you?

Currently, it's not possible to store dual values at all. However, we can add an option for formatted columns to be stored as duals. In this case, the text part of a dual value will correspond to the formatted representation in EasyMorph.

I'd be reluctant to add support for arbitrary dual values.

Hi,
Dmitry, this would be great :hugs:
regards,
Adrian