Qlik Cloud Connector - Authorization

I have setup a Qlik Cloud Connection for exporting Qlik files directly to the Qlik Cloud.
Now there seems to be a problem with the authentication.
The authorization seems to have a time limit. After a day the authorization is not valid anymore.
afbeelding

So I have to cancel the authorization, and Authorize again. Then it’s ok for a day.

Is this default behavior? Or is this a bug?

Hi @Wim

This is not the expected behavior, it seems that for some reason Qlik ignores offline_scope requested by EasyMorph during authorization. This decision is done by Qlik server.

One possible workaround I can think of is for you to create a separate OAuth registration in your tenant, using this guide

Just remember to add
http://localhost:7890/authorize and http://127.0.0.1:7890/authorize to the list of Redirect URLs for everything to work:

After you create the client, copy Client Id and Secret provided by Qlik

and then use them instead of default ones in the Qlik connector dialog:

Hi,

Thank you for the explanation.
I just followed your steps, and I will check tomorrow if it keeps running.

Hi,

It’s still not working:
When I try the test button, it says:
afbeelding

afbeelding

When I cancel the authorization, and reauthorize, it works again.
I followed all your steps.

Any idea? Or should I contact Qlik for this?

Hi, @Wim , I’ve sent you a DM

Was there a good resolution here? I am having the same problem. Previously, I was prompted to re-authorize about once per month, now I'm having to do it daily. When I reauthorize, it works fine while I refresh the tasks manually on the server, but when the tasks are triggered by schedule, I get a failure email asking me to reauthorize again.

Any insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jason

Hi @j_webb , we're looking into it

1 Like

Hi Jason,

Instead of sending the qvd's directly to Qlik, we used Google Drive as an intermediate.
So, It wasn't fixed.

1 Like

UPDATE

We're working on a fix. It should be available early next week.

1 Like

Great...Thank you!!

The bug has been fixed. Please install updated versions of EasyMorph Desktop (and Server, if necessary) from our website.

After installation, re-authorize the Qlik connector(s).

Awesome...installed updated versions and re-authorized...most recent scheduled tasks went off without issues...thanks for such a quick resolution...you and the team are great!!
Jason

1 Like

Thank you for the update, Jason!