Possible problems when restrict access to connectors file?

Hi,

We want to restrict access to the connectors repository file (the sql-lite database with connectors).
If we restrict access to that file, will users be able to continue to work normally with easymorph ? These users do normally not use connectors contained that file ?

I see also that we can put a password on the connectors file.

• We use 1 connectors file on all our EM-desktop installations and we use the same file for all our spaces on EM-server. If we put a password on the file, will we be prompted for a password every time we run a task on the server ?
  • Will we be prompted for a password every time we use EM-desktop ?
  • In case we loose the password, can we recover our information in some way ?

Thanks
Nikolaas

If you set a write password for a repository:

You will have to provide it once, when the repository is configured in space settings.

It's a write password. Users only have to provided it when a connector is created, edited, or deleted. Regular use (i.e. when a connector is only read from repository) doesn't require providing a password.

It's a write password. You won't be able to edit connectors, but you can always read them.

Hi Dmitry,

Could you please answer on the following question also ?

We want to restrict access to the connectors repository file (the sql-lite database with connectors).
If we restrict access to that file at the level of the file system, will users be able to continue to work normally with easymorph ?

Many thanks !
Nikolaas

Hi Nikolaas,

Can you please elaborate on how exactly you’re going to restrict access to that file? I’m not sure I understand.

Hi Dmitry,

I guess it would be a restriction in windows with file level permissions.

Thanks
Nikolaas

If you make the repository file inaccessible for Desktop users they won’t be able to use it.

If you give users read-only access to the repository file they will be able to use the repository, but not create/edit/delete connectors.

For a Server-hosted repository, accessing the file repository directly by users doesn’t matter. Access settings are regulated by Server, not Windows. You can make the repository file completely inaccessible for Windows users, yet they still will be able to work with it through Server.