Parsing and table merger warnings

Hi Team

I am new to easyMorph tool. We have existing project built using easyMorph tool. I am able to successfully generate files but still I am seeing below warnings in easyMorph launcher. I have checked tables columns mappings and Imported delimited file but everything looks fine. Please help me on why I am seeing those warnings? Kindly let me know if more details are required.

Note - Our project was built 2 years back using easyMorph 5.1.1.8. I don’t see this version easyMorph setup file available in your portal, so I am using easyMorph 5.1.2.5 for making some changes.

Warning in action “Merge another table”, module “1. Cleanup Data”, table “6. Iteration process”: Merge didn’t merge any data which may indicate failed key column matching.

Warning in action “Import delimited text file”, module “4. Process IAR”, table “ARD REC”: Row #1 row was parsed with an error. Check “Show parsing errors” option for details

Thanks,
Mahanthesa

Hi Mahanthesa and welcome to the Community!

First of all, warnings are not errors. If you see warnings, it means that your workflow finished successfully, but there are certain oddities that may signal of workflow composition mistakes. However, these signals don't necessarily mean that the workflow is incorrect. Therefore we call them warnings, not errors.

This warning is generated when a "Merge" action in your workflow merged an empty column. Typically it makes no sense to append an empty column, so there possibly is a mistake in the workflow.

There was a parsing error in the 1st row (for instance the number of values in this row was smaller or greater than the number of column headers). You can see the error if you check "Show parsing errors" in the import action.

I often times get the below error you are mentioning. From my experience the cause has always been selecting the incorrect columns to do the join/merge on such a similarly labeled columns that end up actually being different and I just selected the wrong one. Another scenario where I frequently notice this warning is when I don’t double check the data type of the key columns for merge. I.e values that look like numbers but are actually text, and I am attempting to join to what looks like the same value but is actually a number in the other table. Double check the data types on the columns you are using for your joins and modify them if they aren’t the same.

Warning in action “Merge another table”, module “1. Cleanup Data”, table “6. Iteration process”: Merge didn’t merge any data which may indicate failed key column matching.

1 Like

Just to be clear on this, the "Show parsing errors" in the "Advanced options" of the import action.