Non-persistent VDI

Hello,

Apologies if this has already been answered. I’ve done a few searches and drew a blank.

We are running a mixture of laptops and a non-persistent Virtual Desktop set-up. We currently only use EasyMorph on the laptops and the registration keys are held locally.

Are there any known issues with running EasyMorph on non-persistent VDI? Would we potentially need to store the keys in a network location and remap them each time we connect?

If anyone has experience of using EasyMorph on non-persistent VDI then it would be good to know it does at least work before we engage our I&T team in packaging the software.

Thanks

Hello Jon and welcome to the Community,

I’m not very familiar with the VDI technology. I assume there should be some system startup script that replicates user settings on a newly created Virtual Desktop. This script can probably be modified to also copy the license key from a designated location, and modify/overwrite EasyMorph configuration file C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\EasyMorph\EasyMorph.config.xml to point to the license key location (see tag <LicenseKeyPath> in the config).

It may also be a good idea to copy a necessary connector repository onto a new VD using the same script.

Alternatively, you can make an EasyMorph project that will use “File Command” or “File transfer” or (if you have EasyMorph Server) “EasyMorph Server Command” in order to copy license key and repository, and modify the config file. In this case, a user will need to run this project first and then re-launch EasyMorph.