Merge - Message something went wrong

Hello @Dmitry Gudkov

I have a small problem of understanding.

When I call up Test_merge and run it with "Reload and run" everything is fine and I don't get a message.

When I run it the second time with "Reload and run" I get the message (see image) that the calculation was good but it didn't attach anything.

And here is my problem of understanding, why, I am of the opinion that everything is reloaded and then recalculated, so there shouldn't be a message that irritates me more than it helps?

With my best regards
Reinhard
Test_merge.morph (3,2 KB)
Labels.xlsx (8,7 KB)

Hi Reini,

this is just seen as a hint, that it might be an unwanted result, as there are no matches between those two tables.
Try to add one of the values of table 2 in table 1 (or the other way round), and there won't be any warning, as at least one match is there.

In case, you you know that this warning could happen and it will be okay for you, you can suppress it as follows:

And: thanks for the files. That makes it much easier! :+1:

1 Like

Hello @Jochen_Marquardt

Yes this "Suppress warnings" is the solution to not show this message.

But what I still don't understand is that when I do "Reload and run".

• What I understand by "Reload" is that everything is reloaded, including the Excel file.
  • Then the merge command comes next. So add again like the first time without the message that nothing new has been added!

There seems to be a different logic here! Why...

That’s strange.
I cannot reproduce it. When I open your example, I get the warning instantly after the first load not only after reload.

Hello @Jochen_Marquardt

You are right, But I have differences within the function setting and outsite running.

However, if you change options 1-4 and then press 5 Apply, it executes the function and you can see the result, but no message appears.

So the message should appear there too !
Or the message shouldn't appear outside the function setting either !