Job Error with Server but not with desktop version

Hello,

we´ve created an configuration, that reads data from a big Oracle database. If we run this project with the desktop version, it runs successful but takes it´s time. With the Server, the project always runs on an error:

01.10.2018 05:39:31 000004 ERROR Job failed: 1 error(s).
01.10.2018 05:39:31 000005 ERROR Action “Import from database” in table “FF_DB - Query 1” in project “O:\01_Easymorph_01_run_ZMV\ZMV_Salesforce_Montag.morph”: ORA-08103: Dieses Objekt ist nicht mehr vorhanden

Do you have an idea, where the problem is?

Thanks.

Regards,
Michael

Hello Michael,

I assume from your question that you have tried to run the import from a desktop after this error was raised by the server. And the import competed successfully.

If so - the most likely cause of this error is that one of the tables\views\indexes, used by the “Import from database” action, is being modified by another query at the same time.

Have you tried to manually run this project from the server just after it was successfully completed on a desktop?

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew,

i´ve tried as you said and it worked successful. How can we fix this?

Regards,
Michael

Michael,

If this project is executed on the server at the same time and fails each time, most likely there is a maintenance or update script which is executed on the same Oracle server at the same time. And that script modifies objects, used by “Import from database” action in question.

Examples of such modifications are:

• delete rows (in a specific commit mode)
  • truncate table
  • move, truncate or drop table’s partition
  • rebuild table’s index

It seems that the actual reason for this error may be found in Oracle’s logs.

If such script does exist, the possible solution is to reschedule your project to a different time.
Also, I would recommend consulting with your DBA in order to determine if your project should be scheduled before or after that script.

Andrew,

could it be helpful if i send you the script which is executed?

Regards,
Michael

Michael, I don’t think that I will be able to give you a useful advice just by looking at the script alone since I’m not familiar with your database structure and processes. Also, I’m not an Oracle expert. As I said earlier, it’s better to refer this problem to your database administrator.

Regards,
Andrew

Michael, do some of your EasyMorph projects, executed by the server, run “Delete database rows” or “Delete matching database rows” actions?

Andrew,

no, the project is executed by a custom SQL query and not with actions.
Last night, the scheduled job runs successfully. I think it was successful because i´ve changed the start time of the project.

Regards,
Michael