Import from Google Drive (other than Sheets)

As I understand, currently one can import from a Google Drive folder only Google Sheet files. Is it in the roadmap to add .csv and .xlsx as files that can be imported from a Google Drive folder?

Hi @Tomas_French

You can download any file from Google Drive using the 'Google Drive command' by selecting a file download option, and then re-import the locally downloaded file using the 'Import delimited text file' / 'Import Excel spreadsheet' action.

Thank you. Yes, I've seen this option as a workaround. However, it would be much easier if one could import any file directly from the Drive.

Also, this workaround will produce an error when these actions are part of the same project. Step 1 import from Google Drive. But Step 2 will produce an error because it cannot yet find the downloaded file to upload into the project. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Hi Tomas,

If the actions are in the same table, then step 2 is always computed after step 1 finishes.

So, in your workflow, step 1 should be downloading the file from Google Drive, and step 2 - importing the local file into EasyMorph. In this case, the action in step 2 you can always find the downloaded file.

Note that you can change the order of actions in a table just by dragging them left or right.

Also, make sure that both steps are in one table, not in different tables.

But how can I have both steps, each being a table import (Step 1 from Google Drive, Step 2 from local folder) in the same table? When I try to add Step 2 as an action on the first table, a new table is created and this step becomes the first step of that send table.

You can just drag the action from the action catalog onto the table and insert it where you need it. See below.

demo

Or, alternatively, you can drag the action from one table to another table.

1 Like