How To, published project with attachment to send from server

Hi,

Can you please advise how a project with an attachment published from Easy Morph Desktop to the Easy Morph Server would send the attachment using the e-mail tool if the file path is on the local machine where Easy Morph Desktop is installed? Can you explain the solution please.

Thanks

Hi Kireshlyn and welcome to the Community!

EasyMorph operates with files (e.g. sends attachments) located on the same machine where the workflow is executed. If you publish a project from Desktop to Server, there are two ways how you can specify file paths that don’t require changing after publishing from Desktop to Server:

1. Use relative paths. Every file path field in EasyMorph allows using a relative path. Of course, you need to make sure that the necessary files exist on Server in the folders specified by the relative paths.

2. Use calculated paths. The project can have a parameter named, for instance, “Base path”. Give it a value actual for your Desktop, e.g. C:\files or some other location where the files are stored. Then a file path can be calculated using a calculated parameter with an expression, for instance:

{Base path} & '\data\input.csv'

When you publish the project to Server, create the “Base path” parameter in the Server task and bind it to the “Base path” parameter in the project (see tab “Parameters” in Server task settings). In the task parameter, you can specify the base path that points to the folder with files on the Server, e.g. C:\EasyMorph\Data. When the task is executed on Server, it will assign the “Base path” parameter of the project with the “Base path” parameter of the Server task and execute the project. Therefore the project will use the base path from Server, not from Desktop.

I have tried what you stated above by publishing my workflow to the server with the folder paths pointing to the server. However when trying to execute it says that there is no data to import, even though I can see the excel file inside the EM server folders. Is there something I am missing or something else that needs to be configured?

A few questions:

• What’s the path to the project on the Server?
  • What’s the path to the file on the Server?
  • What’s configured in the file path settings of the action?

path to the project: C:\Public Folders\Default\Project Name
path to the file: C:\Public Folders\Default\Project Name
File Path Settings Action is a calculated column: C:\Public Folders\Default&[FileName]

The file was downloaded from Sharepoint to the EM Sever and I can see it next to the project on the server interface.

File path is: C:\Public Folders\Default\FileName

Can you post a screenshot of the action settings?

List of Files Action with EM Server Folder :

Here is where I calculate the new file path to import to Excel:

Why do you need to calculate Path if the result is the same as column "File name with full path"?

It's actually very simple. Nothing else should be configured. You calculate the file path and use it in an import action. That's it. No magic switches, buttons, or options.

Can you also post a screenshot of the "Import from Excel" action and a screenshot of the error?

I was able to get around that issue. It had to deal with the ‘/’ and '' locations on the file path.

1 Like