How to import from accdb

Hi,

New user here trying to robotize some of the boring repetitive tasks…

I want to connect to an Access database through ODBC, but can’t seem to get my head around doing it properly.
I have added an accdb to the ODBC data sources as a System DSN.

In Easymorph, I have gotten access to the accdb file, and can see the query I want to pull from in list of tables and queries, but get various errors depending on which dialect (?) I select in the configurator…

How do I fix it, so I can pull queries directly from an Access database, rather than first having to go into Access and dump the data in a txt file?

Using … gives error -> Could not retrieve column names or expression types:

DB2,
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find file ‘XX\EasyMorph\SYSIBM.mdb’

MySQL
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find file ‘XX\EasyMorph\INFORMATION_SCHEMA.mdb’.

SQL:2003
ERROR [HYC00] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Optional feature not implemented

SQLite
ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Invalid SQL statement; expected ‘DELETE’, ‘INSERT’, ‘PROCEDURE’, ‘SELECT’, or ‘UPDATE’.

Vertica
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find file ‘XX\EasyMorph\V_CATALOG.mdb’

Any help appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hi,

The best choice here is SQL:2003 dialect. If something will not work with SQL:2003, most likely it will not work with any other dialect.

Have you tried to choose some of your tables (not queries) in Query editor? Does it shows the same error as for the queries?

Also please try to use Custom SQL mode of the Query editor to run an simple SQL SELECT query on one of your tables. Just type in or copy&paste a query to “Custom SQL query” textbox and press the “Run query” button.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply!

I managed to get it working by setting a user ODBC connector, and use SQL dialect SQL:2003.

Thanks for your help!
//C

1 Like

EasyMorph supports MS Access starting from v4.7.1.

Hi Dmitry,

Great ! Will this be a specific connector type ?

Nikolaas

Hi Nikolaas,

We’ve added an SQL dialect for MS Access. It’s available in the regular ODBC connector.

Thanks