How do you use auto-documentation?

The auto-generated documentation feature has existed since very early versions of EasyMorph, however we had very little feedback on it and weren’t sure if we even need to keep developing it further or drop it. Recently, a few people made very positive remarks on the feature (it encouraged adding auto-documentation to EasyMorph Server as well).

I would appreciate it if you could share a bit more on how you use documentation – what kind of problems does auto-documentation solve for you? what kind of people in your organization benefit from it? how frequently you use it?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Dmitry,

Auto-documentation is THE key functionality when working with finance or controlling departments, because the need of “internal control” is mandatory / legal. Documentation must be up to date!!!

We use it systematically for that usage but also when documenting for IT.
It’s a way to say to IT managers : “EM is a temporary solution for business users, it allows to write requirement specifications if you need to develops it later in an ‘industrial way’, etc.” In the real world, this rarely happens, but this is reassuring and also scores a few points with the competition.

The lack for the moment is about queries that are not auto-documented. We do not use the server functionality but this will be helpfull too.

1 Like

I use the documentation frequently.

Mostly for my own sake, but also for others whenever I deliver new output - The documentation is a lot easier to share, than having to draw and write everything from scratch.

As for future development on this part - Keep it going! A nice feature to include could be a visual overview of the project with connections and highlight of steps on an image… It could be optional to include visual aid when generating the report, as it potentially can increase the output a lot depending on the number of tables and steps involved.

1 Like