Help needed - Error Authentication Token

Hi everyone,

as of 2 weeks ago, several logics across different setups are consistently throwing the same error. All are targeting Snowflake, but different instances. I suspect it’s a Snowflake issue, but I am checking all bases. Is this something that might be related to, or could be fixed with, EasyMorph?

“Error: Authentication token has expired. The user must authenticate again. SqlState: , Vendor Code: 390114, QueryID:”

I’m not omitting anything. No query ID, no SqlState. And it just popps up randomly, across the board. I tried to include connection parameters to keep the user session alive, and increased the heartbeat rate. To no avail so far.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi Albert,

Have you updated EasyMorph recently?

Hi Andrew, yes, to the latest version that is currently available. I don’t have the exact date, but it roughly started around the time I updated the different environments we have. Should I try with a previous version to see if the issue still persists?
Best,
Albert

Yes, please check if the previous version gives you the same error.

In version 5.3, we updated Snowflake Connector for .NET, used internally by EasyMorph to work with Snowflake.

Hi Albert,

It seems that the source of this error is a bug in Snowflake Connector for .NET library, used internally by EasyMorph. We updated that library to the most recent version which has that bug fixed. You can get the updated EasyMorph version from our download page.

Hi Andrew,

after a few months without issues, the same error started popping up again, in several different installation. Is there something we can or need to do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Albert

Hi Albert,

How often does this error occur? Have you changed anything in the projects that use Snowflake before that error started to appear again?

Hi Andrew,

we haven’t changed anything, and in one occasion it happens almost every night. In the other case it’s a few times a week.

We updated to the last version of Snowflake and I updated windows and the ODBC drive for Snowflake, just in case. It still happens though.

Best,
Albert

Alber, can you please clearify, does this error occures with ODCB or with native connector?