Getting error while sending multiple emails

Hello Team,

I am getting the error while sending multiple emails using send email action. There is no fixed iteration at which the project fails. It can fail at 8th iteration and 28th iteration.

Could you please help me in understanding the issue?

Error: Failure sending mail.
Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed.
Source: action “Send email”, module “Data for customers”, table " data.xlsx"

Try changing the SMTP port to 587.

@dgudkov ,

Its already 587, what else could be the reason?

What’s the email service you’re connecting to? Also your version of Windows and EasyMorph?

Official outlook mailbox for sending email.
Windows 10 and EM 4.2.0 version

Can you please tell us the exact SMTP server address you are using?

Hi @andrew.rybka

Server - smtp-mail.outlook.com
SMTP port - 587
Encryption - SSL

For IMAP also I have filled in -

server - imap-mail.outlook.com
SMTP port - 993
Encryption - SSL

further getting error while running at home on VPN after updating to 4.2.1 version:

Normally I am able to send emails.

Unable to connect to the remote server
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 52.96.69.50:587
Source: action “Send email”, module “Data for customers”, table " data.xlsx"

Hi @vaibhavtandon87,

As for the “Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed.” error. It means that the connection was closed. It’s possible that you are hitting some kind of limit or threshold. Can you please try to add a delay to each iteration with the “Wait” action? Try a 1 second delay. If that won’t help, raise it to 5 seconds.

As for the “Unable to connect to the remote server” error. Which version you were using previously on your home computer? “Send email” action and email connectors weren’t modified in the latest releases. Are you able to send emails with the same settings from some other software, installed on your home computer?

Hello @andrew.rybka,

I will add the wait action and try tomorrow. Should the wait be added in the main module or sub module which is called?

On the second point, I haven’t used any other software but the outlook to send email. With outlook I had sent the test email and I was able to send on home network.

You should add the “Wait” action just before or after the “Send email” action.

As for the second error, are you sure that connection settings in the Outlook and EasyMorph are the same? The other possible reason for this error is firewall settings or something similar.

Hi @andrew.rybka,

Added 3 seconds wait after the send mail option but the process failed at 17th iteration with error:

Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed.
Source: action “Send email”, module “Data for customers”, table data.xlsx"

Hi @vaibhavtandon87,

Can you please try to set delay to 10 second?

Also how many recipients each of your emails have?

I can set delay to 10 seconds,

Each email is sent to only 1 recipient.

Since you have asked this question - I am in middle testing the solution, and the all the emails are sent to myself, could that be the reason where I am sending the email from my mailbox to myself?

Regards
Vaibhav

@ andrew.rybka

Failed at 34th iteration after applying 10 second delay.

I did further testing on a different machine( having full easy morph license) and with a generic mailbox but it failed on 38th iteration.

@vaibhavtandon87, the same recipient may be the source of the problem. Can you test it with different recipients?

Is it possible that the Outlook account which you are using to send emails is still treate by the Outlook as recently created? Recently created accounts have lower limits. Please refer to the following page for details: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sending-limits-in-outlook-com-279ee200-594c-40f0-9ec8-bb6af7735c2e

@andrew.rybka,

Ran by sending ~80 emails to group of 4 recipients and didnt get the error. Seems successful.