Generated GUID on a running session [DONE]

Hi,

Can we have a GUID generated each time we run a project .
I sometime need to track the session that generated a dataset or triggered an event.
a GUID would help me.
This GUID should be the same for the main module or for any module or project that is used by the main module.
As there’s no global parameters, I can’t create a calculated parameter with a hash function, it wouldn’t be compliant as it must be created only once in a whole session and transmitted without any risk of being alterated.

Regards

Hi

Can’t you just generate the GUID in the main module and then pass this value to the sub modules using a parameter ? In the main module itself, you can use the peek action to get the GUID in other EaysMorph tables.

As an alternative, we use a database sequence to generate a unique sequence number and we also pass this in EasyMorph to the different modules.

Hi,

currently I manage with generate it in a main module that behave as a kind of "dispatch", so technically it's ok. My only concern is about compliance with the Swiss and European Community laws about financial information systems. I guess SoX in the US is nearly the same. A session ID must be generated only once and shouldn't give the possibility to be "tweaked".

Regards

We actually have an internal GUID for every workflow run. We’ll see what it takes to expose it via the “System information” action. It shouldn’t be hard. It works exactly as expected - the same GUID in the start module and any other module/project called during workflow execution.

2 Likes

We’ve added it in version 5.5. Here you go.

EasyMorph Desktop v5.5 is already available. Server 5.5 will be published a few days later.

2 Likes

Thanks,
Then I can insert a process “fingerprint” in the data files, great feature for the tracking of trading transaction.
I just realized it’s also very useful to name some temporary files needed for a process. This way 2 users can run the same process in same time without the risk of a collision between the generated temporary files.
Regards