Fetch e-mail token expired

I get this message on the fetch e-mail action.
This is strange because I know this action has been triggered daily since I have set it up. How come it gives me a message that it has been inactive?

Hi @ArendP

What EasyMorph version are you using?

Also note that only shared connectors are updated during workflow run. If connector is embedded in-project it’s tokens can’t be updated.

hi, thanks for your answer.
I am on version 5.2.1.3 (desktop client)
Server is on version 5.2.1.2.

Can you explain a bit more on the shared connector? I have a Fetch e-mail action set up, with connection (via a shared connector) to an e-mail account that is in the Server space.

Yes, this is shared connector and this combination should prevent session from expiring if the connector is being constantly used. We’ll look into it, thank you for reporting the issue.

Hi @ArendP

We’ve identified and fixed an issue that was causing this behavior. The fix is included in the latest version, 5.3.2 which you can download from our website. If you have EasyMorph Server, it also has to be updated to v5.3.2.

Thanks! I will start updating and keep an eye on this. Will take 90 days before I can say it’s working :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are also getting the same error. Our server version is v.5.4.1.5
Our current solution is to manually reset each affected MS Exchange Online connector and reauthorize it; however, since we have many of those connectors across all of our server spaces, we are wondering if there is a way to get EM to reset and reauthorize those connectors automatically when they expire every 90 days.

Edit: this is what our “configure connector” dialog box looks like (notice we are using OAuth authentication)

connection_manager_dialog

Regarding the connectors, may I know if these are regularly used to send emails, or have they been inactive in the repository for more than 90 days?

Unfortunately, the interactive (OAuth) flow was designed specifically to require human intervention. This means that users are required to enter their credentials on the service provider's site, which in this case is Microsoft. As such, there is no possible way to automatically reauthorize the connector.

Nevertheless, if these email connectors are used regularly, they should automatically update their authentication tokens without requiring any additional authorization. If these connectors are de-authorizing despite regular use, this may indicate a problem on our side that we need to investigate further.

I would say that we have a mixed bag. Some email connectors are not used very frequently, which explains part of the issue we are having. However, our main concern is with the connectors that are used fairly frequently (daily, hourly, etc.) which is how we originally discovered this issue: we stopped getting emails we expected to receive from tasks scheduled to run frequently. What will you need from us to further investigate the issue with the email connectors we use regularly? Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks, I think we have everything we need for now. Most importantly, we have evidence from you that MS Exchange connectors are deauthorising after 90 days.

We’re going to investigate that. Unfortunately, the fact that it takes 90 days to see the effect is a bit of a complication.

I understand. Thanks for looking into it!