Export dataset to EasyMorph Server fails without any failure message

Trying to create a dataset on the server. It works for one excel file, but doesn’t for 4 others. Note that there is no failure notification… loads data (from excel) without issue, I can watch a temp table created on the server, but then it is removed, and no other file is created.

Checking the log under admin doesn’t show anything, and the client is not showing failure anywhere…

Hi @tim and welcome to the Community!

Can you please describe in more detail what you're trying to achieve? Feel free to post your project or send it to our support email if it contains sensitive information.

I am trying to export a *.dset file as an extract to a server. It works for one spreadsheet, but not for another. Either works locally.

When it does not work, I get no failure anywhere, including the logs.

How do you do it? Can you post a screenshot of your workflow?

That’s just it, I am not doing ANYTHING complicated. Excel to a dataset, on the server. This works local for any of the files, and to the server with one file, but not another. They are set up the same. The file that works is 45MB, the 4 of the files that don’t are ~90MB, but one of them is only 981KB, so size does not appear to be the issue. The concern I have is that it is not working without logging anything.

Note that I can build the file locally and copy the file direct to the same server space, so it’s not a space or permissions issue on the server…

Hi.
Could you please provide additional info:

1. Which EasyMorph Server version are you using?

2. What do you mean when you say, "I can watch a temp table created on the server, but then it is removed"? Could you please describe in detail what files do you observe?

3. Are you using Default Worker for the space, or have you configured Worker under another windows credentials?

4. Could you please add the “Table metadata” action after the “Import excel” action and show xlsx file dimensions as Status action? Then enable task debug log and send logs to support?

5. In the “Export dataset” action, are you using an absolute file path or relative? Does the specified folder exist in the public folder?

6. Are you starting excel-dset export for all files simultaneously, or it’s file-by-file process?

7. I noticed that you’re using folder folder
    C:\C\MyDocuments. Is it a regular folder or simlink?

"Note that I can build the file locally and copy the file direct to the same server space, so it's not a space or permissions issue on the server…"
By default, Server uses a particular Windows Service account, and it’s not the same as your local windows account. So permissions may differ.