💡 Examples of catalog items

In this thread, various examples of catalog items are collected. Feel free to add your example.

Some examples may look trivialized, that’s OK. The purpose of this thread is to give you ideas of items that can be added to your catalog.

My 1st example demonstrates opening the most recent Server Admin Guide. Our Server download page contains a link to the Server Admin Guide which is a PDF file. The problem is that the file name contains the version number, so bookmarking it as a hyperlink doesn’t work - the URL changes every time we release a new version.

So I’ve created a small workflow that fetches and parses the web page and extracts the file’s actual URL and added it as a catalog item (computed URL). Now the most recent Admin Guide can be retrieved in two mouse clicks.

The project:
url-server-guide.morph (3.2 KB)

The item:

Another example: Google Analytics. I have two items related to Google Analytics in one directory. One item returns a computed dataset with pre-defined filters in the Analysis View (charts will be added in 5.2.1). The other item is a URL item pointing to our Google Analytics reports page on the web. Both items are linked to each other as related items.