Error when creating Worker account on Server

We are trying to create a new Worker account on Server but getting the error in the screenshot below.

WorkerCreateError

The user is connecting from their laptop and had a warning prior to entering their credentials (screenshot below). However I have tried deleting/recreating my Worker account - also from a laptop - and did not have any problems. Can you think of anything that would be different between my account and the other user's account that might cause this? We are both set-up as server admins.

WorkerCreateWarning

Ideally we would not want people to be remotely connecting to the Server in order to create their Worker account.

Hi

It seems to be some system policy enforcement.
If you have a system administrator, it is better to address such a request to them. If not, you should check and configure local security policies on the computer where EasyMorph Server is installed.

In Group Policy Management (gpedit.msc) check Computer configuration > go to Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignments.
Check Allow Logon Locally and Deny Logon Locally.

To apply the policy, use

gpupdate /force

If you're using AD, you may need to check AD policies also.

Ideally we would not want people to be remotely connecting to the Server in order to create their Worker account.

Please clarify what you mean. Users without administrator rights (in EasyMorph Server) cannot create workers or spaces.

Thanks Constantin. I'll have a look at those Group Policy Management settings.

When a non-server admin connects to the Workers URL (e.g. server/workers) they get a permissions error. The only way I could see to let users access that URL was to check "The user is a server administrator also when logged in from a web browser". Is that expected behaviour?

Hi.

When a non-server admin connects to the Workers URL (e.g. server/workers) they get a permissions error. The only way I could see to let users access that URL was to check "The user is a server administrator also when logged in from a web browser". Is that expected behaviour?

I still need help getting this. Why does a regular user (user without admin privileges) need access to the worker setup/configuration?
This part should be managed entirely by the admins. Could you elaborate on your workflow and user enrollment?

It is related to this topic:

We would like to create a Space/Worker for each person that creates scheduled Tasks. This way the Server will be able to access files on our network drives using the permissions of the Worker.

As the Worker requires the user to enter their network username and password I do not want to be doing this for them. Our short-term solution was to elevate the user to an admin, let them enter their credentials and then return them to a standard user.

We're very open to any other suggestions on how to provide Server with access to network drives.