Easymorph Launcher : license check issue

Hi team,

Imagine you want to task through the launcher on your workstation a project having more than 20 licenses => You need a license so that the task runs.

The problem with the launcher is that it starts when windows starts. But when windows start it’s not yet connected to the internet, especially in big companies where you have to activate something before connecting.

So I think that the launcher starts “too early” and can not connect to get license through server leasing (we are using this feature). When the task runs, there should be another try to get the license first and then try to run the task. I presume that the launcher only tries once at the beginning and don’t try again. In that case the error message is systematic : free edition only runs projects with 20 actions. And you have to manually reload, which you dont want of course.

Can you check the point ? Launcher does not “see” the license leasing because it’s only trying to see it once, possibly when internet is not up on the workstation.

Hi Romain,

A few questions to understand your situation better:

• Why is the Server not available on Windows start, is it because VPN or something similar needs to be connected?

• How long does it usually take to connect?

• How soon do users establish connection after they launch Windows?

Thanks!

Not the server but the laptop of the user. I’m talking about the personal launcher. Well it depends, you can not know when a user gets connected, and yes its about VPN things.

Hi, any news about this @dgudkov ?

We had an internal discussion about the issue. We can add an option for the Launcher to wait and not start until the Server connection is established. It would remain in a “semi-started” non-operational state until it detects a working connection to the Server and would immediately switch to the normal state as soon as such connection is found.

Sounds great !