Date Format dd.mm.yyyy

Hi, how can I format a date in the european style dd.mm.yyyy and not dd/mm/yyyy
Thanks
Markus

Hi Markus, and welcome to the Community!

For number dates, these are the only available display options. However, if you need to change a number date and make it formatted as a text date (e.g. in the output file), you can use the format() function, e.g.:

format([Date], "dd.MM.yyyy")

Thank you for your prompt support. In the base file (input) a qvd format I have already converted the date to a text field. The rproblem is that the SQL database to which I want to export the records expects a date format dd.mm.yyyy and refuses the content...
Any other idea? Why is a date format with dots instead of slashs not possible in Easymorph?
regards
Markus

In EasyMorph, like in QVD and Excel, dates are numbers (formatted). There is no special data type for dates in Qlik, Excel, or EasyMorph. For instance, the date November 14, 2023 equals the number 45244 in all three applications.

In QVD, the date format of a number is written together with each number (so-called dual values). EasyMorph doesn't support dual values. Therefore when data is imported from QVD from each dual value only the number part is imported.

The format in your screenshot is only used for displaying values in EasyMorph. When you change column formatting in EasyMorph, it doesn't affect column values - they remain the same. For instance, you can choose a different format in the screenshot above, but the column value will remain 45244, it will only be displayed differently.

When you export data into a database, EasyMorph automatically converts your number dates (e.g. 45244) into SQL dates when it sees that the data type of the target column is date or timestamp. You don't need to specify any formatting for that. It works out of the box.

1 Like