Create document with barcodes

I have a problem that I would like some input on how to solve.

I’me tasked with a list of strings that should be converted into barcode “papers”.
So a list of strings in excel should be made into 1 barcode per page document to be able to be printed as one barcode per page.

I’ve looked at an api to be able to generate barcode images: BarcodeAPI.org
where I’m able to use the download function to be able to download jpg/png of the barcode.

But how can I use that to be able to create a document with multiple pages with 1 image per page for printing?

Input:

Needed output:

This part is not entirely clear. What document format do you need? Why should it have multiple pages? Can it be multiple 1-page documents if all you need is to print them?

Format is flexible. PDF, word, txt, xlsx. Anything that could easily be printed.
Preferably it would be 1 document with multiple pages since someone should have the task to print the document and it could easilly be 100’ds of pages that should be printed. If it’s multiple documents it’s a bit less intuitive to print them for an operator. But that would also be an option

Two options:

1. Use some other cloud service via a web API to generate a PDF document from an image (there is a number of such services). Or,

2. Run from the command line (using the “Run program” action) the free utility imagemagick

The utility is extremely versatile and has a bunch of options so it may take time to figure out the required combination. In the most simple case, something like below should work to produce 1 PDF per image:

magick barcode.png document.pdf

All the options for converting images can be found here: ImageMagick – Command-line Tools: Convert.

1 Like

Nice, thank you!

I’ll give ImageMagick a try and report back!