Convert data from a pdf to excel

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to convert data in a pdf to an excel file?

The pdf has text, charts/figures and tables and I want to export the text and tables to an excel file.

Thank you
R

EasyMorph doesn’t support importing data from PDF at this point. If there is a 3rd party utility that can extract data from a PDF then this utility can be called from EasyMorph and it’s output loaded into EasyMorph.

1 Like

Hi dgudkov,

Oh alright I’ll try looking for one. Thank you for your quick response :slight_smile:

R

Hello, for your information: There is a 3rd party (java) tool that could do this. I use it converting SAP export PDF’s to Excel format.

It’s called “Extract-PDF-Excel” and can be found here: GitHub - eadgyo/Extract-PDF-Excel: Convert text content in PDF to EXCEL format.. Maybe the technique could be integrated in Easymorph?

1 Like

Hi @joost.pieper,

My apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you so much for suggesting that. I’ll definitely try it.

I did try using python code to do that but any external program (either Powershell or Python) keeps failing on the server. It runs fine from the launcher though. Not sure why this keeps happening. My colleagues have had this issue too.

Thanks again for your kind help :slight_smile:
Have a great day!
R

By default, EasyMorph Server runs task under a special Windows account NT Authority\LocalService. You may need to configure system variables for Python for this account, and enable access permissions to your files.

1 Like

Hi @dgudkov,

Ah alright that makes sense.

Thank you so much for that.

R