Connection issue SQL Server Version 3.5.1

Hi EasyMorph team,

I went to the latest version yesterday and ran into connection issues with the overnight batches I was processing. The connection was to a SQL Server. When going back to a previous version, it worked.

Could it be associated with the latest update?

Best!
Albert

Hi Albert,

It may be associated with the latest update since we switched to a different version of the SQL client library. Can you please post or send to our support email screenshots of your connector properties including custom properties?

Also, does this connector fails with the same error when you try to use it in an action? If so, can you please make that error appear in an action, then go to the About menu → Diagnostic information → Debug log and post or send to us the contents of that tab?

Hi Andrew,

we tried the latest release, 5.3.3. The SQL conections threw an error again “The given key was not present in the dictionary.”. When going back to 5.2.1, it worked without a problem. For now, we’ll keep the older version. Is there something we should or could be doing to mitigate the issue so we can migrate to the latest version of EasyMorph?

Best,
Albert

Hi Albert,

We received the project and the repo that you sent to us. But we are unable to replicate the error since all the SQL Server connectors point to servers that are unreachable to us.

Does this connector fail with the same error when you try to use it in an action? If so, can you please make that error appear in an action, then go to the About menu → Diagnostic information → Debug log and post or send to us the contents of that tab?

Also, can you please try a possible workaround?

Please go to the connector’s custom properties tab and add a new property, “Failover Partner” (without quotes), with an empty value.

Will it fix the issue?

Hi Andrew,

it worked! Quick question, should I use this configuration on any SQL Server DB I connect with, or should I be selective?

Best,
Albert

You should use this configuration when an SQL Server connector gives you the error in question.

Also, it seems that you can use it with any SQL Server connector safely since an empty string is the default value of the “Failover Partner” property.