Connecting to oracle database

When I connect to my oracle database via sql developer I only need the following to connect:

• User name
  • Password
  • Hostname
  • Port
  • SID

Could you provide an example of how I need to fill in this data in the connection object in easyMorph for an oracle database ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Fill User, Password, Hostname and Port fields with appropriate values. Try to leave the Database name field empty. In case it won’t connect, try to enter SID to the Database name field.

Thanks. I have tried it but it does not work…

When I leave the SID blank I get the following error: ORA-12504: TNS: listener was not given the SERVICE_NAME in CONNECT_DATA.

When I fill in SID in the database name field, I get: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor.

Could somebody help me out ?

Thanks !

Can you please try to add DATA SOURCE property at the Custom properties tab with the following string, filled with your values:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=Your Hostname)(PORT=Your port))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=Your SID)))

User and Password fields in the Connection tab has to be filled with your credentials.

Here is an example of a custom property:

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the useful hint !

I was able to connect using the suggested connection string.

@reynsnivea We have added SID option to Oracle connector properties at the latest EasyMorph version which is already available at the download page.

Can you please install the lastest version, remove custom property from your connector, fill in SID option and test connection with it?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for making this more user friendly. Currently I lack the time to test it out.
When I have the time I shall check it out !

What is de latest version number of EasyMorph ? Is this already the stable version?

Kind regards,

The last version of EasyMorph can be seen on our download page. If it's not beta then it's stable.