Concatenate Excel cells found in Windows clipboard, add parenthesis, and paste output to Windows Clipboard

Hello!

I'm finding myself in a situation where I have a range of cells I've copied from Excel into the clipboard, for example:

And I want the format to become:

('aaa','bbb','ccc')

And have that automatically copied into the clipboard, so that I can paste it somewhere else (the paste needs to be done manually, that's why I need it in the clipboard).

I'm wondering what the way of doing this with the least amounts of clicks would be. In an ideal world, I would copy the Excel cells, paste them into an input parameter of a Task in EasyMorph Launcher, and run the task, which would somehow paste the result of the concatenation into Windows Clipboard. I know how to do the data transformation, but not sure about how to get the data in and then out as I'm expecting.

Open to other suggestions, maybe in this case because it's pretty manual an Excel Macro could work. I don't know too much about Excel Macros and I like EasyMorph, so I'm trying to see if this can be done efficiently with EasyMorph :slight_smile:

Thanks!

EDIT: what if instead of having to paste the initial Excel cells somewhere to start the transformation, the actual EasyMorph Project retrieved the cells from the clipboard, then performed the transformation, and pasted it to the clipboard? Just hitting "play" on EasyMorph Launcher would be enough, no parameters involved!

In version 5.8.1 we will add a multi-line parameter. So it will be possible to create a Launcher task with a multi-line parameter, launching, and then paste the copied Excel cells into the multi-line parameter and receive the concatenated result in the Launcher which then can be copied to Clipboard in one click.

Note that it's already possible to set up a Launcher task so that it returns a dataset. The entire result dataset, or its individual cells or columns can then be copied to Clipboard.

PS. I like the idea of an action that copies data into Clipboard. :+1:

1 Like