Column comparison between 2 tables

Hi,

Is there anything in easymorph to compare 2 tables column by column in Easymorph, in an easy way, whatever the tables ? I mean in another way than creating a lot of actions to do that ?

I see that in the 4.2.6.8 you can use the table metadata in zoom mode that gives you number of distinct values, or min length and max length. A great tool to spot obvious differences, but I was wondering if there was anything else about it ?

1 Like

Hello,
Sometimes ā€œdeduplicateā€ can help you.

To compare the complete data set where the tables have the same format - Keep/removing matching
Otherwise I use unpivot, merge ect. (Ā± 5 actions) to compare 2 tables

I was looking for something more ā€œstraigthforwardā€ (one-click). Keep/remove matching is a good idea but you have to choose manually all the columns right ? Or try to generate the XML content. It may be a nice feature to be able to compare 2 tables in one click but I dont think it exists today.

1 Like

Hello,

I have a similar use case. Comparing Dev-Bench-Prod tablesā€¦
Any new action for this purpose? I was wondering in using ā€˜Calculate new columnā€™ to perform a concatenationā€¦ I have to list all the columns, but i can do it in a text editor. Some other alternative?
Thanks!