Cold not load file or assembly Azure.Identity, Version = 1.11.2.0

I just upgrade to the version 5.7.3.14 of easymorph and now my Azure SQL Data Connector is broken. Any Ideas would be helpful.

Exception: SqlException
Could not load file or assembly 'Azure.Identity, Version=1.11.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=92742159e12e44c8' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Was working fine on 5.7.2.7 but that version is having API errors with the Salesforce Authentication.

EasyMorph 5.7.3.14 comes with Azure.Identity.dll version 1.11.4. So it looks like another application keeps referencing the old version. Usually, that shouldn't be a problem, but for some reason Windows couldn't figure it out.

Try rebooting your machine.

This is only happening in Easymorph. I have upgraded the OS to latest patches and rebooted as well as removed just these .dll files to a back up folder and then reinstalled easymorph. Unfortunately I was doing this in an effort to fix and issue with the SalesForce summer release that started caused a token expiration issue in Salesforce randomly. So now I have two connectors broken. Any other ideas?

Have you seen this post with a similar Salesforce problem?

Also, I reverted a minor change that could potentially confuse Windows and make it load the wrong version of the Azure Identity assembly. I don't expect it to fix the problem, but just in case. Try the updated version from our download page and let me know if the problem persists.

Hi @Dan_Stephens

Regarding the Salesforce token expiration issue, could you please write a letter to our support email?

In the letter, please mention whether you are using a custom OAuth Salesforce app. Additionally, specify which version of EasyMorph is experiencing authorization token problems. If possible, it would be greatly beneficial for us if you could revert your EasyMorph installation to a previous version that definitely worked with Salesforce, and check whether the token error persists.

To date, we have been unable to reproduce the Salesforce token issues on our end. Moreover, there have been no changes in the Salesforce-related code for over a year. One hypothesis we are considering is that there may have been intermittent changes on Salesforce's side, possibly affecting certain customers, potentially in specific regions, resulting in the loss of persistent authorization and these changes may have coincided with EasyMorph upgrades.

After Build 15 I am still getting the same errors

So we have two users one on 5.7.0.9 and I was on 5.7.2.7 and the Salesforce Connectors were working with normal authorization until June 17/18 which is when Salesforce pushed summer release 24 then we both started getting this error

Reverting back to 5.7.2.7 fixed my Azure.Identity issue which I can live with. I'll send a support letter about the salesforce issue

We're looking into Azure Identity issue

1 Like

Unfortunately, we have come to a similar conclusion regarding the cause of this issue. It appears that Salesforce may have updated their infrastructure at some point, which started causing random authorization token outages. This may affect specific regions, as we did not detect this issue directly, but some of our customers did.

Regrettably, this is beyond our control. Essentially, Salesforce seems to abruptly invalidate a valid issued token. Downgrading EasyMorph is not likely to resolve this issue.

Our Salesforce team believes it may have to do with the API Ver depreciation

not sure if that provide any direction

That should not affect us, since we're using v52. Even so, the deprecation should not result in randomly invalidating refresh tokens. But thanks for the heads-up about the deprecation; maybe it does indeed affect the cause in some indirect way.

Is there a way for you to test? This is becoming a very big issues on my automated scripts.

Thanks

Are you referring to the issue with Salesforce or the original problem related to Azure.Identity? If it's the latter, we're currently addressing it. Regarding the Salesforce issue, we're currently looking for some kind of solution or workaround

The problem with assembly Azure.Identity should be resolved by now. Install the latest version from our website.

You could help us by writing a letter to our support email that describes your Salesforce configuration. Specifically, we need details about how your Salesforce connector is set up. In particular, please mention whether you are using a custom OAuth Salesforce app.

Sorry the Salesforce issue.

I have just tested Build 16 and the Azure.Identity issue appears to be resolved. TY

2 Likes

Hi @Dan_Stephens

Please update your Desktop (and Server, if you have one) from the EasyMorph site to see if this resolves the issue with the Salesforce. The latest releases (Deskop 5.8.0.7, Server 5.8.0.8) should include a workaround for spontaneously 'expiring' tokens.