COALESCE in Easymorph functions [DONE]

Hello,
in trying to implement an 'elegant' ifempty-then-this-else-that logic on multiple fields, I was unable to find an equivalent to the SQL 'COALESCE' functionality.
The context is as follows, but I can imagine a lot of different situations where this functionality could be useful:
In the source dataset on which I apply my transformations, I receive a certain key that might have a number of formats - e.g. a given column X might contain 'alpha' or 'random text (alpha)' or 'This line concerns beta (2021)'. Hence, I derive a number of temporary fields on this columns which I use as "candidate foreign keys" to perform a merge of alpha or beta in another table.

Something like this:

+-------------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
| COLUMNX | CANDIDATE_KEY_1 | CANDIDATE_KEY_2 | CANDIDATE_KEY_3 | JOINRESULT_1 | JOINRESULT_2 | JOINRESULT_3 |
+-------------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
| | | | | | | |
| alpha | alpha | alpha | | | 1 | 1 |
| | | | | | | |
| random text (alpha) | | alpha | | | 1 | |
| | | | | | | |
| This line concerns beta | | | beta | | | 2 |

To derive the final JoinResult field, I currently see no other option than 'ifempty(JOINRESULT_1,ifempty(JOINRESULT_2,JOINRESULT_3),JOINRESULT_1 )' which certainly works, but is difficult to maintain (and expand with more fields). In a SQL world, this could be achieved with 'coalesce(JOINRESULT_1 ,JOINRESULT_2 ,JOINRESULT_3 ). Is this possible in Easymoprh? If not, could it be added to the roadmap?

Thanks!

Hello David,

We’ve added the coalesce() function in v4.7.1 that has just been released. You can download the updated version on our website.

Hi Dmitry,
Indeed, you imagine my happiness upon discovering this popup, first thing on this Monday morning :wink: Many thanks!

You’re welcome :slight_smile: