Call another module/project - if parameter set as "First value of column" is an integer, a decimal is added when sent over to another module

Hello,

When using the “Call another module/project” and setting one of the parameters to be sent over as the “First value of column”, if this first value is an integer, it gets sent to the module with a decimal place.

For example, I have “37” in the value that gets sent as “First value of column” in the parent module, and this becomes “37.0” in the child module. If I use this number for example in an email template in the child module, in the email I receive I get “37.0”.

For now what I’ve done is created a calculated parameter in the child module to round the number so it becomes “37” again, but it would be great if no decimal gets added when sending the value over. This does not happen when sending over a parameter from the parent module into the child module, I have only seen it with “First value of column”.

Thanks,

Roberto

Hello,

I’m encountering this issue in other projects I have. Could a recent update have changed the way in which “first value of column” parameters are sent to the child module?

If I send “37” to my child module and in the child module that becomes “37.0”, that parameter is stored as text, so any expressions that I have using that parameter as a number (for example, having “<” (less than) or “>” (more than)) fail, because it interprets the parameter as text. I have to create a calculated parameter with the expression “asnumber({parameter})” to convert that “37.0” into a number again.

I shouldn’t have to do this, right? The parameter value/format should be respected when moving from parent module to child module.

Thanks,

Roberto

Hello @dgudkov, any idea of why this could be happening? It seems like a bug to me.

Thanks,

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

If you need specific formatting in emails, I suggest converting numbers to text and formatting them as necessary before inserting into emails.

We didn't make changes recently in the way how iterations/calls are handled. Are you saying that this behavior changed recently?

Parameters have no formatting, only values. 37 and 37.0 are the same value.

Here is a project that is supposed to reproduce the issue but it doesn’t. Can you modify it to reproduce the issue?
formatting-issue.morph (3.6 KB)

Thanks, I’m trying to reproduce it here but no luck yet, I will get back to you!